• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extract the given name from unwanted space
Basket 
I want extract the given name in both two conditions.

1st condition there is some extra space before the given name and the second condition is no extra space. And I need the same formula for both the conditions. Smile

Attached Files
.xlsx   Given Name.xlsx (Size: 9 KB / Downloads: 23)
Use trim function..TRIM function returns a text value with the leading  and trailing spaces removed. You can also use the TRIM function to remove unnecessary spaces between words in a string. Smile
(06-Jul-2018, 12:16 AM)=Arun Kumar1993 Wrote: Use trim function..TRIM function returns a text value with the leading  and trailing spaces removed. You can also use the TRIM function to remove unnecessary spaces between words in a string. Smile

Hi Arun,

I know the Trim function but i think you haven't seen the question properly.

My question was to remove the extra space before the given name and i need that formula which commonly work for both the conditions.

Request you to please attach the file with solutions..
As per my understanding . I think you want to extract first name in both condition when the extra space given before the name and the 2nd one is no space given before the name.
if your question is that so this formula will help you.

=LEFT(TRIM(A2),FIND(" ",TRIM(A2))-1)
 here A2 is your text

Attached Files
.xlsx   Given Name.xlsx (Size: 9.7 KB / Downloads: 9)
(08-Jul-2018, 12:22 AM)=Arun Kumar1993 Wrote: As per my understanding . I think you want to extract first name in both condition when the extra space given before the name and the 2nd one is no space given before the name.
if your question is that so this formula will help you.

=LEFT(TRIM(A2),FIND(" ",TRIM(A2))-1)
 here A2 is your text

Thanks, it is working
(05-Jul-2018, 08:14 PM)Amit Rawat Wrote: I want extract the given name in both two conditions.

1st condition there is some extra space before the given name and the second condition is no extra space. And I need the same formula for both the conditions. Smile
Hi Amit bro  Tongue ,

I was just simply checking all queries, I found your old one and I tried to solve with a new way.

kindly check and suggest m, its is correct or not.

Thanks
Deepak Singh

Attached Files
.xlsx   Extract first name with space.xlsx (Size: 9.68 KB / Downloads: 11)
(27-Aug-2018, 08:49 PM)Deepaksingh Wrote:
(05-Jul-2018, 08:14 PM)Amit Rawat Wrote: I want extract the given name in both two conditions.

Hi Amit bro  Tongue ,

I was just simply checking all queries, I found your old one and I tried to solve with a new way.

kindly check and suggest m, its is correct or not.

Thanks
Deepak Singh

Yes Deepak it is absolutely fine.
you are champ Man..!! Smile

Hi,

I could not understand your question.
Please explain your question in excel sheet with desire output in front of raw output.

Please also check attached sheet.
Thanks
Devendra Adhikari

Attached Files
.xlsx   Resolved_Given Name.xlsx (Size: 9.4 KB / Downloads: 1)